Thinking about LAs?
- Is there a time that you wish you had extra help engaging students?
- Do you have the time and desire to work with an instructional team?
- Are you open to engaged learning in the classroom and willing to try associated techniques?
- How will I select my LAs?
- Do I want to interview each applicant or have other LAs interview?
- What criteria do I value in a LA?
- Will LAs work in lecture, recitation or with a Penn State Learning GSG?
- What specific task(s) will LAs complete?
- Are there topics your students find challenging?
- Are there activities that you wish you had extra help?
- Do you want LAs to hold office hours or LA group sessions?
- Do you have time to meet with your LAs once a week?
- Do you enjoy mentoring students in leadership, communication and professional skills?
- Are you open to authentic conversations with LAs about your teaching?
CESE can help with any of these areas. Please contact Dr. Jennelle Malcos (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.